doll-talk@nashikouen

a place for figures, stuffies plushies and dolls. have fun.!
[Return] [bottom] [Catalog]
Posting mode: Reply
submition rules
  • Allowed file types are: .jpg, .png, .gif, .webp, .mp4, .mov, .webm, .mp3, .wav, .ogg, .flac, .swf, .swf
  • maximum files: 3
  • maximum upload size: 40.00 MB
  • duplicate files are not allowed
  • posts will be displayed in UTC time
  • max comment size is 8048 characters
  • tripcodes are enabled
  • BBCode is enabled
  • [ download ] 1.24 MB (3786x1938) tooling up.jpg

i might fallow the sculpting book and make the character there before making nau or heyuri tan or aroe or alva or any other things you guys want me to try and make.

one issue i had was the armature, its take a bit of skill or know how to bend the aluminum wire to how you want, and then connectinng them i used super glue and masking tape... witch i prob should have sanded it some and used my soldering iron to really stick em togrther.

for anon wanting to know the clay i am using la doll. but really most air dry clay would be perfect, so long as u see jp ppl use it? check back later and i will tell u how the clay is when i use it. it says stone powered clay.
    most japs u see on YouTube use airdry clay like i mentioned. here is a comment i read "I use a wide variety, i use mr.clay, i also use padico they are both air dry clay, i also use epoxy clay like apoxie."
    padico band one is the LA doll one i going to use

one thing i think is good about the air dry clay is no kiln and you can make the body first and wait for it to dry and then make cloth and wait for it to dry.

one thing i don't understand is how to section off parts... but in the book they literally just use a saw and cut off the arms and legs.. but it should help sanding and cutting out cracks to refill with clay.

also painting, and sectioning off is good to make molds and creating a marketable figure.

in the book they have a thick grey primer. (iirc mr surfacs 1000) and it will help show imperfections to sand and since its thick i believe also fill in sometoo

waching poor quality figure making and good quality figure making i belive helps me better understand what will be a issue,

like this,
    https://youtu.be/NkRF-GQkIto
    most of the sculpting seems good but could be sanded more and could have more solvent tracing ddtails (solvent is just water?)

he also ahould not have used a gloss finisher, he should have used a matt finisher.
    grage kit videos help understsnd coloring for me like this one.
    https://youtu.be/e-9gY-Z-JzY
    the way she used pastels blew my mind on how it made it look so good.
    people normally use a airbrush so seeing u can get gradient like that was amazing, i did see some video on how to make gradient with just the brush but i cant find. i think they use just a dry brush??

ganbatte
    seems pretty hard but I guess it is literally sculpting, of course it's hard

>>143
    thank u i remade the armature if u can see in OP i made the arms to short.
    i also want this to look more of a loli and the head had to be masive. i should stick to something smaller but idk bc bigger i belive means easier

this is my mat. brand new after using teh clay

the clay is so so good i love it. maybe bc i was drinking but it was so smooth and worked well. just as long as u remebefd to wet the pieces you stick to dryish clay

this is how much clay i had left afyer using it. it has a good chunk for being 1pound clay

this is the figure after i spent prob to much time sculpting and armature and letting it air dry

tomarrow i will do more and make a face.

i wanted to take progress photos but my hand was soaked in clay. and let me tell you. when i went ti wash it off. my hand turned from hard clay to straight glue. witch tjat is good. lets me know u can basically glue clay togehtets

when i tried to solder the alumium wire together. just didn't work and didn't stick at all. i had a liquid metal ball that i can pass over it mant times. no stick

first i used a water brish and sweeped. it made cool clay pattern.

but then i wet my fingers and whipped (not scrubbed) and jt came out as pic2

this is how my fingers looked like the next morning,

it did get some cracks on its thigh but over all turned out pretty well.

somd mistakes i made was making the arms and legs out of wire to small. if i ever wanted to stick on hands or shoes or even have wire to poke into a base. i don't have that option

no work on figure today.. i was playing minecraft with a childhood friend. he bought himself a house and just got internet and wanted to play games and vc and talk.

i hope every one at least has some childhood friend online to grow up with. and be closer then family.

when dry it shavs up pretty well.

ima try to maek progress tonight!

i attempted to retry armature and make body again with left over clay here >>146
    i made the distance between legs and arms to long..

not only that but old clay dried super quick so there was quite a bit of cracks forming, the way i did the armature also sucked and the connected pieces kept sliding around and not staying put. so the shoulder is not centered.

i bought special solder to test soldering armature instead of glue and tape. i will do garage kit soon.

[ download ] 261.7 KB (1440x1920) newshape.jpg
    >>147
    this is the new shape of it. i shave a lot of it down and resized some things

[ download ] 187.88 KB (1080x1920) boobs.jpg
    this was from yesterday. i did no work on it tonight..

besides shaving the back to make it more curved

[top]
    Delete Post: []
    Password:

- you are running KotatsuBBS. a clear and easy to read image board software -