Unix@nashikouen

teh place for hakin and computers. also site discussion.
[Return] [bottom] [Catalog]
Posting mode: Reply
submition rules
  • Allowed file types are: .jpg, .png, .gif, .webp, .mp4, .mov, .webm, .mp3, .wav, .ogg, .flac, .swf, .swf
  • maximum files: 3
  • maximum upload size: 40.00 MB
  • duplicate files are not allowed
  • posts will be displayed in UTC time
  • max comment size is 8048 characters
  • tripcodes are enabled
  • BBCode is enabled

• dose anyone know about soldering and electronics?

i am buying this stuff along with firmware extraction stuff. i want to get into hardware hacking and things

i know how to solder but i cant read a diagram. i think i understand how IC's work?

is there any thing you guys know or thought about with electronics

>>111
    one thing i do know is there is so much cheap crap that just breaks after first use or dose not work at all. the soldering station u see in OP pic is really good solder station u can get for cheap, uses the same tips as hako station.

I really need to sit down and practice soldering.
    All of my builds are horrific and use tons and tons of copper tape everywhere and crimped connections.
    There are multiple places where I've superglued wires onto pins. I am a monster... m(_ _)m

I also do need a vent sucker thing so I can not breathe flux fumes nonstop when I do attempt soldering.

diagrams shouldn't be too bad? you mostly just need to find a chart of common component symbols
    diagrams with ICs are generally pretty easy to follow since it's just a rectangle with named pins going to other parts, I usually need to look up other things
    some of the symbols in this picture you won't ever really see, there are a few you'll see constantly

what about resistors and other things? i don't understand color codes when looking for a specific resisters.

i assume most things would be at 5/3.3 volts for the entirety of a board?

>>115
    >what about resistors and other things? i don't understand color codes when looking for a specific resisters.

I don't get color codes either, I look it up every time.
    https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-resistor-color-code

>i assume most things would be at 5/3.3 volts for the entirety of a board?

yeah
    if you're interfacing to a device that isn't the same voltage (I use Pi Picos a bunch, which are 3.3v, but a lot of stuff I'd want to interface with is 5v), you'll need level shifters
    something like this:
    https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12009

alot of my things came in the mail.. this universal chip programer thingy came with a good luck charm ヽ(゚ρ゚)ノ

[top]
    Delete Post: []
    Password:

- you are running KotatsuBBS. a clear and easy to read image board software -