Unix@nashikouen

teh place for hakin and computers. also site discussion.
[Return] [bottom] [Catalog]
Posting mode: Reply
submition rules
  • Allowed file types are: .jpg, .png, .gif, .webp, .mp4, .mov, .webm, .mp3, .wav, .ogg, .flac, .swf, .swf
  • maximum files: 3
  • maximum upload size: 40.00 MB
  • duplicate files are not allowed
  • posts will be displayed in UTC time
  • max comment size is 8048 characters
  • tripcodes are enabled
  • BBCode is enabled

• i am trying to buy a new router other then just using my openbsd server as a router. something brain dead easy but also super secure.

i already bought a router i can flash openwrt on but i wanted pfsense but wireless is poor.

openbsd is alright but i fail each time setting up a vpn and understanding pf other then simple things.

i already got a openwrt compatsvle router coming but i wanna know if there is a better solution

i am wanting to have my everything net. that is my main pc, servers and a vpn for my phone to connect to when not home.
    i then want a shared host's file across all my pcs and servers and phone.
    i want a separate network that has wifi IOT shit like cams and all., a server that sits between them. so only server has wifi and can report to my phone and stuff.

a vpn i can give yo friends if they want a alt residental ip to browse teh web, but cant touch any computer on the net.

also is there any thing like freebsd's zfs but as a NAS? or should i just host freeBSD and partition it all out how i like, as i prob want it encrypted drives in raid and also have non encrypted partitions for nas stuff, and maybe torret server just on it.

is there sort of "discovery" http software i can run on a server to show off the various web interfaces that runs on port 80? that would be fun to make if there is not any

>>161
    it would taek a long tiem to achieve a set-up/system liek you're describing., but it would pay off in teh end

normal software and stuff is fine but this modern shit with debian and all sucks so much setting up.
    even when i got some modern crap with a boot able install, it still was so trash and would crash.

the freebad manual stuff i can do but i want to know if there is more secure and auto set up stuff

>zfs but as a NAS

thats TrueNAS isn't it? based on freebsd with web config and all

for vpn just set up OpenVPN? it should work on openbsd

i just got my router and it already had openwrt on it... this reeks of tampered with.

i tried to flash other firmware and it seemed to failed? i tried putting dd wrt so i could flash it back. and it did not change.
    if i really need to i have a universal programmer and can flash this manually.
    i really would like to not take it fully apart though. i am not exactly sure wjy i cany flash it i was sceptical of tampered firmware when i got it

maybe i was doing it wrong idk? idk if i can trust it. i can trust my blow fish

i am quite happy just having a device with firmware i know what is doing. though j still don't know about if it flashed correctly, i believe at least i flashed a proper image of openwrt into it.
    i had to actually set up each antenna (witch makes me believe i can add more with usb slots i have) soon will have vpn and shits on it, alreadh has tunnel bear ssh and stuff

i wonder how much different is opensens with and having a good access point.

i think i want to buy this device and put openbsd on it. and keep openwrt for just a access point.

i never knew just how cool these devices are. it can run coreboot and just be totally open. i never really care about power usage but i really need go beef down my router... i am using a power edge that has to much computing that is naut in use.. about 200w on idel? when that little guy can be 10-15 when puttin in work.

j don't have fiber or anything but i believe can get me at 1gbs with openbsd.
    i was tempted go buy cheap router hardware from china but open firmware on a router seems upmost important. it coukd just.. sniff... and send data off. maybe.. who knows!

>>204
    forgot link
    https://protectli.com/product/fw4b/

i ended up getting this. it is core booted and supposed to use like no power.

x86 cpu. gonna slap openbsd with disk encryption on it for a router you cant beat.

my nas also came a few days ago. it will also be running openbsd and full disk encryption.

i know i have had disk trouble in the past using encryption and losing data. but i think i finaly b0rked enough systems to know how to deal with this daemon!

openbsd 4eva!!

shit fucking NAS returninf it. cant use any m.2 or hdd or ram.

rip my WD eterpriss drives with off the shelf m.2. they wont work.

[top]
    Delete Post: []
    Password:

- you are running KotatsuBBS. a clear and easy to read image board software -