Unix@nashikouen

teh place for hakin and computers. also site discussion.
[Return] [bottom] [Catalog]
Posting mode: Reply
submition rules
  • Allowed file types are: .jpg, .png, .gif, .webp, .mp4, .mov, .webm, .mp3, .wav, .ogg, .flac, .swf, .swf
  • maximum files: 3
  • maximum upload size: 40.00 MB
  • duplicate files are not allowed
  • posts will be displayed in UTC time
  • max comment size is 8048 characters
  • tripcodes are enabled
  • BBCode is enabled
  • [ download ] 110.16 KB (720x480) FOTMAI2FK27ENVT.png

not sure if this is the right place for this but im assuming it fits becuz tech ^_^
    i used 2 see a lot of people 'homebrew' 3ds and stuff and recently saw someone do it with a wii . sounds fun 2 be able to get all thr games + visual customization but it it worth it ?
    i have two wiis , not sure if one works but if it does i would luv to maybe hak it . wouldn't want to use our 'main' wii though since it has been around for a really long time and i don't wanna mess it up lol
    i know it is kind of the same 'moral' fiasco as emulating games, if it is right to pirate games i guess. but its not like they even produce wii or wii stuff anymore o_o
    if u have done it / seen people do it what are your opinions on homebrewing stuff ? how hard is it ? im sure newer things r harder 2 work with than older devices , modern security and stuff

[ download ] 1.36 MB (1280x1024) yuki-hacking.gif
    the wii is extremely easy to hack and is very worth it, although I have also have zero qualms about piracy lol
    I am reading the process detailed on wii.hacks.guide and it is even easier now than when I did it years ago, and it was easy back then. ヽ(´∇`)ノ
    not going to say there's no risk, but it seems that there's a far lower risk of messing up now
    there are quite a few steps, but a ton of them are basically making sure you can't brick the unit and giving you a way to recover if something happens

in a similar vein, if you have a PS2 and want to do homebrew on that, installing FreeMCBoot might be as easy as burning a DVD and putting it straight into your PS2 these days -- I had to buy a boot disc so I could run the installer from a USB stick, but the system has been blown wide open these days thanks to FreeDVDBoot

ah, I wish I still had my 3DS... (´~`)
    being able to play out of region games was great

>not sure if this is the right place for this but im assuming it fits becuz tech ^_^

< Nintendo stuff typically seems to run some sort of /unix/ kernel on it so you are in the right place. i tried to put special stuff on a 3ds before and the instructions seemed to be linuxy shell like!

i just looked it up and the wii is nothing unix or windows likes at all, it is its own thing.

anyways yesh post it!

>>171
    yeah, the Wii uses it's own thing, IOS
    https://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS

it's quite an odd system, there's no one main canonical version of the OS, a bunch are typically installed on your Wii at once and the system loads the version requested

as for unix stuff, you could run Linux on your Wii if you wanted to -- performance is probably not going to be great, but the whole point of computing on a console is fun \(^O^)/
    https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii-Linux

I want to get Linux on my PS2 working properly again...
    I can't boot the liveDVD for some reason and the liveUSB install is extremely minimal and boots directly into NetSurf (so I could theoretically post here from it, I can get it online).

>>172
    >so I could theoretically post here from it

our wii still has a working version of the internet channel , the spare one i am using 2 screw around with doesn't T_T maybe i could nashi from the wii ...

also i booted it up yesterday (just plugged it up with the main cables because i don't actually know what im doing) and it works just fine ^_^ connected it to the web , and there was already the homebrew channel on it so i struggled with it for no reason without realizing that . i need a flash drive to give it the ISOs for games, but i think it works !!! will update .... hopefully i can pick one up while im out and about and my friends are coming over so we can find some games

>>181
    sending teh internet police to get ya for pirated gaems!!!1

(you will be fine pirate them all!!!)

>>182
    LOL when i was a kid learning about emulators this scared the shit out of me . i think most if not all wii games are considered abandonware now though . . .

it got me too... one thing i did learn tho, is some company will release software that cracked or noticed a cracked product id when you run the software with internet and send scary letters in the mail.

i have heard you can just ignore the letters and you will be fine? but just always run with out internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SDMie8dbsg

[top]
    Delete Post: []
    Password:

- you are running KotatsuBBS. a clear and easy to read image board software -